Rubbish removal has changed greatly in the 25 years that we’ve been in business. Once upon a time every item collected was destined for the landfill heap, but today all care is taken to reduce excessive tipping with recycling efforts at the forefront of waste removal industry.
Nothing delights us more than rehousing, reusing or recycling Sydney’s waste, but what happens to the type of junk, mattresses for example, that isn’t typically recycled?
As a mattress of fact, YES, even your mattress can be recycled too!
Your new mattress can bring you hours of sleeping pleasure, (or for your kids, hours of trampolining fun), but once it’s duty is done, where does it go?
Sydney tips don’t like to accept them because they take up too much valuable space, and according to a recent Herald Sun article, “ their springiness means that they seem to float back up to the surface.” While “They chew up plenty of space and weigh about 50kg each cubic metre.”
Cheapest Load of Rubbish is doing all it can to recycle mattresses. Once a collection has been booked with us, one of our trucks will arrive and two of our team members will hand-load your unwanted mattress and any other household rubbish items on our tipper and take it away. Once it’s out of sight and out of your mind, we get to work on separating all the recyclable elements or taking it to a recycling plant for further processing.
Did you know…
- On average, a staggering 2.5 million mattresses are purchased annually in Australia.
- Between 1.2 and 1.6 million mattresses are dispose of by Australians per year.
- Typically a mattress contains up to 12.5kgs of steel, 1.5kg of foam and 2kg of timber.
- Materials reclaimed from mattresses are remanufactured into new textile products, while foam and latex and are used by the carpet industry in underlay.
- Cheapest Load of Rubbish recycles up to 80% of all waste collected. This is made possible but separating all rubbish items at our sorting yard.
What else does Cheapest Load of Rubbish remove?
We remove all types of household items.
- Fridges, Ovens, Washing Machines, Dryers, TV’s
- Lounges, Dining Furniture, Desks, Office Chairs
- Curtains, Blinds, Carpet, Underlay, Fabric
- Outdoor Furniture, Fencing, Railway Sleepers
- Toys, Sporting Equipment, Mobility Equipment
We also provide clean-ups for residential gardens, office buildings and deceased estates.
To find out more, call us today on 9550 1181. We’re happy to discuss your quote or rubbish pick-up 7 days a week.