It’s 2 weeks until Christmas and 3 weeks until we welcome in 2016! Where did the year go?
While most of us are in panic mode, those in the know are stressing less because they know with the help of Cheapest Load of Rubbish, they’ll still have time to clean up the garden and declutter the house, they’ll even have time to polish the silver too!
Through the year our world gets hectic. Living takes priority and our cleaning routine is a little more lax. Bit by bit a small pile of to-do’s quickly turns into a mountain of must-do’s.
Tackle your clutter and kick it to the curb!
- Start by visiting each room and make a list of what’s to go
- Delegate tasks for each of your family members; it’s their mess too!
- Label 2 boxes; one for rubbish and the other for recyclables
- Book your junk pick-up by calling 9550 1181
We all know that sometimes the corners of our cupboards get forgotten, but the time has come to take everything out, throw away out-of-date food, wash down the shelves and reorganise your storage space. This goes for your fridge too.
If you’re planning on having overnight guests make sure their accommodation is warm and inviting.
- Declutter their space by boxing up dust collectors
- Clear adequate wardrobe and drawer space for them to use
- Wash bedding and put clean sheets on their bed
- Scrub the bathroom, leave out fresh towels, and if you’re feeling creative provide a basket of toiletries
Fire Safety Check
While spending time by the pool or sun baking at the beach is an Aussie summer pastime, our heatwaves are notorious for sparking uncontrollable fires.
We must always remember, it’s never too late to protect you and your property. 
- Clean out gutters and other roof fittings – they collect leaves and debris, which are extremely flammable.
- If you have a woodpile, which is a fuel source, site it well away from the house.
- Prune any trees that are close to the house, as overhanging branches will fuel a fire.
- At ground level, keep grass short and rake up leaves.
- Purchase at least one garden hose that reaches the perimeter of your property.
- Regularly recycle newspapers and cardboard. Don’t store piles of recycling material close to the house.
- Store flammable liquids and paint away from the house.
- LPG gas bottles should have the valve facing away from the house.
- Pool chemicals can ignite if placed near other flammable liquids so store them separately from other potentially dangerous chemicals.
By maintaining outdoor facilities like decks, paving and fencing, we lower the risk of accidents and injury. This will also increase the use of our outdoors and add to our summer time lifestyle enjoyment.
If you’re planning on replacing your fence or building a new deck, don’t forget Cheapest Load of Rubbish can help with the demolition work. Call our office on 9550 1181 to find out more!
Yard Clean Ups
Yard clean ups protect us from creepy crawlies and other unwelcome visitors. By keeping grass short and removing piles of junk, we can protect our kids and let them have hours of outdoor fun.
Don’t forget, Cheapest Load of Rubbish are experts at yard clean ups. We can help with:-
- Soil Removal
- Lawn Mowing
- Tree Trimming
- Fence Removal
- Shed Removal
Our services aren’t exclusive to households. We also provide rubbish collection for businesses and schools and office buildings.
We can help with:-
- Warehouse clean-ups
- School yard makeovers
- Shop strip-outs
- Regular pick-ups of office waste
If you’re planning a party, why not book us in advance. We’ll be there the next day to collect your rubbish and recyclable materials leaving you free to recover from the festivities.
It’s “business as usual” for Cheapest Load of Rubbish as we are open right through the holidays (public holidays excluded). Avoid the rush and book today on 9550 1181!
Plan ahead and you’ll be sure to start the new year clean, fresh and organised.